- Community forum to hear of Abbott Government's threat to education in Launceston Joint AEU, NTEU and United Voice Media Release 18 September 2014
Tony Abbott's cuts to education – from early childhood, through to schools, TAFEs and universities – will be addressed at a community forum in Launceston tonight.
- Community forum to hear of Abbott Government's threat to education in western Sydney Joint AEU, NTEU and United Voice Media Release 16 September 2014
Tony Abbott's cuts to education – from early childhood, through to schools, TAFEs and universities – will be addressed at a community forum in Penrith this evening.
- Community forum to hear of Abbott Government's threat to education in Townsville Joint AEU, NTEU and United Voice Media Release 15 September 2014
Tony Abbott's cuts to education – from early childhood, through to schools, TAFEs and universities – will be addressed at a community forum in Townsville this evening.
Anti-Poverty Week is a week where all Australians are encouraged to organise or take part in an activity aiming to highlight or overcome issues of poverty and hardship here in Australia or overseas. It was established in Australia as an expansion of the UN's annual International Anti-Poverty Day on October 17. In 2014, Anti-Poverty Week will be held from the 12th to 18th October 2014.
- New OECD Report shows importance of equity in schools funding Media Release 10 September 2014
The OECD's "Education at a Glance" Report, released today, demonstrates the importance of equity in delivering a high-performing education system, the AEU said today.
- Pyne's biased and secretive funding review aims to undermine needs-based schools funding Media Release 9 September 2014
Education Minister Christopher Pyne's invitation-only inquiry into the low-socioeconomic status (SES) loading, which recognises the need to devote more resources to educating students from poor families, is a biased attempt to undermine equity and needs-based schools funding, the AEU said today.
- Pyne shows true colours by trivialising needs-based schools funding Media Release 4 September 2014
The AEU has condemned Education Minister Christopher Pyne's trivialisation of needs-based schools funding in Parliament today.
- Abbott Government resurrects misguided chaplains program while denying students with disability the resources they need Media Release 27 August 2014
The Abbott Government's decision to keep funding its School Chaplaincy program, despite its High Court defeat, shows it has got its priorities wrong on schools funding, the AEU said today.
A message from the late Dr Yunupingu|
Dr Yunupingu's extraordinary commitment to education and improving outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples can't be understated. The Yunupingu family have given permission to share Dr Yunupingu's powerful message in support of the Recognise campaign.
- Pyne's Tasmanian "Independent Public Schools" announcement exposes policy failure Media Release 21 August 2014
It is clear from today's announcement with Tasmania that State Governments see Christopher Pyne's Independent Public Schools plan for the flawed policy it is, the Australian Education Union said today.
- Australian Educator Spring 2014
- Nominations are now open for the 2014 AEU Arthur Hamilton Award for Outstanding Contribution to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Education.
- Pyne's disability education forum ignores real problem - his broken promise and cuts to funding Media Release 20 August 2014
Education Minister Christopher Pyne's “policy roundtable” on disability education in Perth today is a stunt designed to distract attention from funding cuts and his broken promise to increase funding for students with disability, the AEU said today.
Education International world-wide photo action!|
Education International (EI) is launching its first world-wide photo action, which is part of the campaign Unite for Quality Education. Its aim is to show the great scope of teaching and learning conditions that can be found in different countries and regions. Details on the EI facebook page.
| Unite for Quality Education – Better Education for a Better World|
Education International is uniting 30 million educators, together with partner organisations and all those that support the public provision of education around the world, to ensure that quality education for all remains at the top of the agenda for a sustainable, peaceful and prosperous future.
Sign-up and make a difference.