The Australian Education Union has more than 185,000 members nationally in schools, TAFE institutes, Corrections Education, Adult Migrant Education Services and early childhood education centres
Quality early childhood education sets the foundations for cognitive, physical, emotional, social and language development. It is also essential for detecting impediments to learning which could affect a child’s learning potential for the rest of their life.
The AEU campaigns and lobbies for proper resourcing and high quality standards in early childhood education including qualified teachers and co-educators and mandated child-to-staff ratios.
The AEU is currently campaigning for ongoing funding for Universal Access to early childhood education which will ensure that every four-year-old receives at least 15 hours of pre-school education for 40 weeks in the year before formal schooling, taught by a university trained early childhood teacher.
The AEU works collaboratively with other key stakeholders in the early childhood education and care sector to advocate for high quality, accessible early childhood education.
Visit our Preschool Funding Now campaign page or click of the image below to go to the facebook page.
- Canberra: Pay your share to support early learners, 25 February 2020
- Playing catch-up Australian Educator, Autumn 2019
- Game changer, 18 January 2019
- AEU welcomes Labor's $1.75bn preschool funding guarantee, 4 October 2018
- Pressure for early childhood guarantee Australian Educator, Spring 2018
- Quality and inequality Australian Educator, Autumn 2018