What has the school done with its Gonski funding?
Unfortunately, schools in Tasmania have not received their full Gonski funding due to a decision by the state government not to pass that funding directly on to schools, and to introduce its own cuts to schools budgets in 2015.
Despite this, the school has big plans for using their extra resources to benefit students.
What Beaconsfield Primary could do with Gonski funding in the future
- An extended Reading Recovery program.
- Specialist Numeracy support.
- More help for those kids who are doing it tough emotionally.
- Better ongoing training for our staff so we continually update our skills.
- Greater opportunities for our students to connect with the wider Tamar Valley community, through sport, music, cultural and leadership programs.