What has the school done with its Gonski funding?
Unfortunately, schools in Tasmania have not received their full Gonski funding due to a decision by the state government not to pass that funding directly on to schools, and to introduce its own cuts to schools budgets in 2015.
Despite this, the school has big plans for using their extra resources to benefit students.
Location: Clarendon Vale
What Clarendon Vale Primary School could do with Gonski funding in the future
- employ a speech therapist to accommodate the high numbers of students requiring speech and language.
- Provide an extra Teacher Assistant support for students with high needs, providing supervision and 1-1 support.
- strengthen literacy and numeracy support by having support in the upper end of primary school.
- increase hours for a social worker and a school psychologist.
- improve the school environment: to make it more welcoming to both students and families.