What has the school done with its Gonski funding?
Unfortunately, schools in Tasmania have not received their full Gonski funding due to a decision by the state government not to pass that funding directly on to schools, and to introduce its own cuts to schools budgets in 2015.
Despite this, the school has big plans for using their extra resources to benefit students.
What Evandale Primary could do with Gonski funding in the future
- More individual attention – to extend high-achieving students, and literacy and numeracy support for those at or below benchmarks.
- More time for staff to collaborate and develop targeted learning programs across all abilities and ages e.g. spelling, grammar, comprehension and numeracy.
- A more flexible learning program to engage and challenge all students.
- Ongoing professional learning opportunities for staff.
- Updated technology resources to make every Evandale PS student a 21st century learner.
- A broader subject choice for students through extending our Languages, Visual Art and Music program offerings.