What has the school done with its Gonski funding?
Unfortunately, schools in Tasmania have not received their full Gonski funding due to a decision by the state government not to pass that funding directly on to schools, and to introduce its own cuts to schools budgets in 2015.
Despite this, the school has big plans for using their extra resources to benefit students.
What Hellyer College could do with Gonski funding in the future
- The continuation and expansion of special programs for these young people.
- More teacher tutoring support for individual students to either catch up, or extend their learning.
- Continue programs which mean a smooth transition for our future students in our feeder schools.
- Smaller class sizes across our college in our 120+ foundation, pre-tertiary and VET subjects.
- Continue to provide much needed personal, life and career support from professional specialists.