What has the school done with its Gonski funding?
Unfortunately, schools in Tasmania have not received their full Gonski funding due to a decision by the state government not to pass that funding directly on to schools, and to introduce its own cuts to schools budgets in 2015.
Despite this, the school has big plans for using their extra resources to benefit students.
Location: LatrobeWhat Latrobe Primary School could do with Gonski funding in the future
- Increase the on-site service delivery model provided by School Psychologist and Social Work.
- Increase the duration and frequency of Specialist Programs (HPE, Visual Arts, Performing Arts – Drama/Music, LOTE, ICT).
- Incorporate Reading and Writing intervention programs for all Year 1 and Year 2 students who did not achieve the Prep benchmarks.
- Increase the frequency of Launching into Learning programs (Birth-4).
- Provide colleague mentoring and collaborative planning opportunities for triads of teachers.
- Allow flexibility in staffing to enable students with special and additional needs to have access to programs in variety of school settings.