What has the school done with its Gonski funding?
Unfortunately, schools in Tasmania have not received their full Gonski funding due to a decision by the state government not to pass that funding directly on to schools, and to introduce its own cuts to schools budgets in 2015.
Despite this, the school has big plans for using their extra resources to benefit students.
Location: St Marys
What St Marys District School could do with Gonski funding in the future
- More targeted intervention and support within our literacy and numeracy programs.
- Provide literacy and numeracy support from foundation to grade 12.
- Provide pastoral care and alternate programs from birth to grade 12.
- Increase support for kids during transitions from grade 6 and grade 10.
- Employ additional teacher assistants.