What has the school done with its Gonski funding?
Unfortunately, schools in Tasmania have not received their full Gonski funding due to a decision by the state government not to pass that funding directly on to schools, and to introduce its own cuts to schools budgets in 2015.
Despite this, the school has big plans for using their extra resources to benefit students.
What Swansea Primary School could do with Gonski funding in the future
- Extend targeted literacy and numeracy support across a greater number of students.
- Provide an enriching and diverse learning program, including Music (choir, band, guitar), Art, Health and P.E and Languages (Japanese, Indonesian or French).
- Reinstate our annual camp for grades 3-6.
- Further targeted support for students who need assistance e.g. a speech pathologist, school psychologist or social worker.
- Digital technologies across the school to equip students for future learning.
- Reinstate our program to extend gifted and talented students.
- Swansea Primary would also attract guaranteed additional funding due to our small, isolated school status.