What has the school done with its Gonski funding?
Unfortunately, schools in Tasmania have not received their full Gonski funding due to a decision by the state government not to pass that funding directly on to schools, and to introduce its own cuts to schools budgets in 2015.
Despite this, the school has big plans for using their extra resources to benefit students.
What Reece High School could do with Gonski funding in the future
- allow for more small group needs-based instruction, focusing on literacy and numeracy.
- provide further opportunities for the most disadvantaged students.
- provide quality learning for staff to allow for collaboration to ensure they are doing what the best do.
- have flexibility in resources to provide experiences for our community allowing us to expand all of our students’ horizons.
- allow increased student involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- allow increased student involvement in sporting events.