National TAFE Day 2021
National TAFE Day - Wednesday 11 August!
Every year, National TAFE Day provides the opportunity to celebrate the achievements of the public TAFE system as a highly regarded educational institution which has supported and provided opportunities for individuals, communities and employers for decades.
It’s also a time to demand the politicians properly fund and support TAFE.
Due to COVID-19 activities this year will primarily be online. See some of our suggested actions are below and more actions will be added on 11 August.
With hundreds of campuses all around the country, TAFE provides high quality vocational education for all and is perfectly positioned to help Australia rebuild, but it urgently needs guaranteed funding to do so. The Morrison government is failing to ensure TAFE has the funding needed.
The lack of support for TAFE impacted deeply even before the COVID crisis, because TAFE needs funding to provide skills, jobs, purpose and opportunities to millions of Australians and to keep our economy strong.
Now more than ever we need to invest in a positive future for all of us.
That’s why we need you to take action to #RebuildWithTAFE and tell all federal politicians to guarantee TAFE funding for a positive future.
There are a number of things you can do to take action as part of this important day.
Before National TAFE day
- Use the promotional poster (link here)
- Change your Facebook profile picture using our frame (link here)
On National TAFE Day
- Print a TAFE poster (link here), take a selfie or group selfie and post to your social media channels with the hashtag #NationalTAFEday and #RebuildWithTAFE
- Follow the Rebuild with TAFE Twitter (link here) and Facebook (link here) to share videos and pictures throughout the day
- Join with others to lobby your Federal MP via a Zoom meeting – contact Brooke ([email protected]) if you would like to take part
- Generate positive local media about your local TAFE - tell your story for local media and/or invite the media in to do a story about your TAFE College and its work. Contact Brooke ([email protected]) for the media guide or template release and we can also refer you to Alys for additional media assistance. And please let us know now how this goes so we can promote any media generated.
- Share our TAFE graphic to Facebook (click here) and Twitter (click here) with one of the suggested text options:
- It’s time for governments to invest in TAFE for Australia’s economic recovery post COVID-19 #NationalTAFEday
- TAFE has the infrastructure, the workforce and trusted reputation to meet the challenges this moment demands but it must be financially supported by governments #NationalTAFEday
- Australia needs a high quality, well-resourced and trusted TAFE sector #NationalTAFEday
- Public vocational education is every person’s right, and TAFE holds a particularly important role in the lives of people throughout their working lives #NationalTAFEday
- TAFE is a highly regarded educational institution which has supported individuals, communities and employers for decades #NationalTAFEday
- TAFE has developed partnerships with employers and communities to provide pathways for students to employment, further education and university #NationalTAFEday
- TAFE provides support for those seeking employment for the first time, those who missed opportunities at school, and those who seek retraining and further education throughout their lives #NationalTAFEday
The following actions will be added on Wednesday 11 August
- The premier of a new 60 second Rebuild With TAFE video to share on social media
- Add your name to an open letter to the Prime Minister
- Order the open letter flyer to deliver in your neighbourhood or at TAFE colleges
- Print the paper version of the open letter and ask people to sign
- Share your story about the positive difference TAFE makes. You can also share your story to social media with the hashtags #TAFEchangesLives #RebuildWithTAFE #NationalTAFEday